For as long as I can remember, my grandfather was a tinsmith. He had a garage full of traditional tools used to stamp, shape and mold sheets of tin into beautiful wall sconces, pendants, bowls and mobiles.
My parent's house is full of pieces he's made, but I hadn't noticed this decorative painted tin panel tucked away on a shelf. The pattern, inspired by a traditional Indian design my grandfather had seen in Santa Fe, screamed "QUILT ME!". So I did.
Keeping the tradition of craft alive, whatever craft it may be, is a huge part of why I love quilting. Mastering a craft, especially one that has been passed down through generations as part of your culture, is what keeps that culture rich and connected with its history and its future.
- Available in Crib, Throw (shown here) or Queen size
- Colors: natural, navy and cayenne
- 100% cotton fabric and lightweight cotton batting
- Machine-quilted and bound
Care: Machine wash on delicate in cold water with a mild detergent. Tumble dry low or lay flat to dry. Quilts will crinkle slightly after being washed. Iron to smooth if needed.
There are three available sizes:
- Crib: 45" x 45", perfect for a little one or a wall hanging
- Throw: 63" x 63", great for snuggling on the couch
- Queen: 90" x 90", fits a full, queen or king size bed
Each quilt is made to order. Please allow up to 4 weeks for production.
If you'd like a custom size, a different color palette or have a wholesale inquiry, please send a request to email@example.com.